Pages

Thursday 8 August 2019

AMAZING!~ Show Don't Tell Writing

Hey Whats Up Readers,

In my class we have been learning to switch writing of our show don't tell. On a table we had to describe some emotions and don't say what the emotion is and it took me about two days to finish it and here it is.

SHOW
Don’t Tell
Brian pursed his lips and clenched his fists into tight balls. Try as he might he could not contain himself. Within seconds he erupted like a volcano.
Brian was angry. He started to yell.
An ache started deep in his stomach. He turned away as his eyes welled up with tears.
Johnny felt sad.
Bailey came out of her class room with a gigantic smile on her face. She started to jump and laugh.
Bailey was happy.
Jeremy had just hoped off the bus. To hear his parents screaming at each other he just froze.
Jeremy was shocked.
Tama was jumping up and down yelling with joy.
Tama was excited by the rugby match he wa

s playing in that afternoon.
Could you try do this without saying the emotions...
Thank you for reading my blog post. Please leave some feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.