Pages

Friday 7 June 2019

Weathering

Buenos Dias,

In class for our topic we have been learning about rocks. Currently we have been looking at weathering we were split into groups, my group members are Konner, Allazahaya, Olivia and Nevaeh.

In our group we were learning about what we wanted to know about rocks we learned that rocks can be altered by weather.

Weathering and rocks have a cycle it is... Wind and water break down rocks through the processes of weathering and erosion. Weathering is the process that breaks down rocks. Many things cause weathering, including climate changes...

They are the part of a process called the rock cycle. We grabbed some sand from our sandpit and put it in containers groups had to make a mountain and ravene and a river we took some photos when we were done.

Here is some photos of our work.

 
Thank you for reading my blog post. Please give me some feedback.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Harmony. I love how you said that you were learning about rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora again Harmony!

    I agree with Angel! I love how you told me all about your learning with a quality blog post. I especially loved the phrase you used 'altered by weather'. I also enjoyed reading your mention of climate change. The effect of climate change makes me sad because I see how it is changing NZ. Many people who live in cities and stay in one place don't tend to notice anything different but if you go adventuring in the mountains or travelling and kayaking in the ocean you will start to notice it for yourself. It is lovely to see your interest in world problems ( or problems larger than ourselves: ones that we need others to help us solve).
    Keep up the fabulous learning!
    ;) Miss D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Harmony and thank you for sharing your rock cycle. It was well set out with paragraphs and easy to read. What a great idea to use the sandpit and create a model! I am also very pleased to hear your mention climate change, I am nterersted in your thoughts on this topic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Miss D,

    For the nice comment once i climbed a mountain and found some rocks i still have it i kept it in my collection if you would like i could show some in class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mister Roberts,

    Thank you for the comment by the way in your comment you said nterested i think it is very funny.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.