Pages

Thursday 29 July 2021

Stand Up Follow Up Activites

Hello Everyone,


So I started on this activity and I have to finish it off and it's about Protests and Strikes so here's my work


1.What is the name of the law that ensures we have a right to Protest in Nz? The Humans Act Right 1993

2.When did the Soldiers invade Parihaka? 5 November 1881

3.How many Women signed the Women's Suffrage Petition? 31,872

4.What is New Zealand's most famous Hikoi? In 1975 Māori land marched the length of the North Island led by Dame Whina Cooper.


What do these words mean from Page 10 and 11
 -Suffrage- Suffrage means an urge to say something involving voting

-Union-Coming together in one circle.

-Watersider-A person who works on a wharf



Choose one of the Protests from the article and summarise it in your own words. Ask who what when where and how? I chose the Woman's suffrage and Kate Sheppard tried to protest against women voting in 1893 in New Zealand and she kept on Protesting and now to this day all women can vote


When you read this article, what does it remind you of? It reminds me that women aren't different from men there all the same (White, Black, Skinny, Fat, Tall, or short there all still the same.


Have you ever seen or been involved in a Protest? No, I have never been in a Protest and I see a lot of Protests on the news.


Thank you for reading my blog post. Please leave me some feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.