Pages

Friday 6 August 2021

The Mohawk Book

 Hello Everyone! How are you?


Why do you think Leo wanted a mohawk hairstyle for his first day at Intermediate? I think that Leo wanted that haircut because he thought it was really cool and he wanted a fresh new start maybe wanted to stand out in his new school because wasn't popular nor cool in his last school.

How did the other kids react? They weren't being very nice about what they were saying to Leo they said that he didn't look very cool and his friends weren't saying or being very nice to him about his new hairstyle.

Why did they react that way? Maybe because they liked his normal hairstyle or they just didn't like the sight of it or just that they wanted the same haircut but couldn't afford one.

How did Matua Glen react to Leo's Mohawk? He thought about Leos's hair when he went to talk to him when the bell rang and then Matua Glen gave Leo 2 websites to start reading one about a person with a Mohawk and one with Protests with people who wore Mohawks.

What were some examples from the website from Matua Glen who had the Mohawk hairstyle in history? That others before him had Mohawks stood proud with their cool haircut and didn't care about what others cared.

Besides the hairstyle, How could someone protest through their appearance? It could be their Gender for those LGBTQ+ people Black people and white people short or tall people.


Thank you for reading my blog post. Please leave me some feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.