Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

The Womens Suffarge Petiton

 Hello Everyone!


What year did the Maori men get the vote?1860's

Why did most people think women should not vote? I think it's because men used to think that women could barely do anything all they could do was cooking, cleaning and looking after the children at home. So they thought they could only let men do the politics and elections and protests.

What does the phrase drinking their wages mean? It means drinking alcohol and drugs and getting rid of their stress with drinking alcohol

How did the WCTU help the poor? It was able for women to get jobs and to finally get a house for their families

What was the main form of Protest that Women used to change the law? Starting a Petition for Women and Men to sign to let women to be able to vote.

Why is Kate Sheppard on the NZ 10$ note? She is New Zealand's pride in being she was the first woman to give the country the will for Women to vote in 1893

Thank you for reading my blog post. Please leave me some feedback

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.