Pages

Friday 4 June 2021

The Steam Powered Car

Hello Everyone,





Today is where we have started a new book called 'The Steam-Powered Car' and it was based on types of cars that were built just over a decade or 2 decades ago so we had to.
choose 3 activities to do so the 3 ones I chose we the Main Ideas and the Vocabulary and the details so let's get started.
What is the Main Idea? The Main Idea is where twin brothers Francis Edgar Stanley and Freelan Oscar Stanley making a Steam Powered Car.

Vocabulary
Pick 4 vocabulary words that you either don't know the meaning of.
1.Crude oil. Meaning: Crude Oil is another word for unrefined petroleum.
2.Fossil Fuel. Meaning: Fossil Fuel is Petroleum coal with 4 Fuel types.
3.Naptha. Meaning: A flammable light that contains various hydrocarbons by the dry distillations of organic substance.
4.Fuel. Meaning: Chemical used to light a fire.

What are 3 details from the text that support the main ideas?
1.They wanted to be able to make cars like everyone else but making them even different.
2.Others had 15 parts to their cars but the brothers wanted something different.
3.They had started to build a steam-powered car based on not using too much fuel.

Thank you for reading my blog post. Please leave me some feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Helpful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.